Featured

Bookmark and Share
Custom Search

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Minka Kelly Named Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive


In an interview with the magazine, the actress talks about herself, what it's like to be 30, and growing up the daughter of a stripper.

"I'm a very nice girl, but nobody pushes me around," she says. Read More Inside >>>
Growing up: My mom lived a fast life. It was all about what we could do to have fun with nothing. She - for most of my life, she was a dancer. An exotic dancer. She was a stripper. Um, so she would come home at like three, four o'clock in the morning, and sometimes she would have a really great night, and so she would wake me up in the middle of the night and we'd go to Ralphs and go grocery shopping. And that was so much fun. We'd have the whole grocery store to ourselves, and we would have a blast and buy a hundred dollars in groceries. And it was just the best day ever. The best day."

Turning 30: It is a big one and I love it. I think it's the most exciting birthday I think I've ever had. I'm so excited to be a woman. Done with the twenties. I'm confident - confident in my skin, and I'm cool with my flaws and all that stuff. It just feels nice to be at peace with yourself. I think my thirtieth birthday gave me permission to have all that. The twenties were a pain in the ass - figuring it all out. What am I doing? Where do I go?

After the reporter noticed how she thanked everyone at dinner: My boyfriend [Derek Jeter] noticed that about me, too. He's the same way, and he said it was a good way to judge someone's character. It's actually unfortunate, in a way, that you would notice that. It blows my mind that anyone could be unkind to anyone. The guy clearing our plates is a person. I don't care if you're sweeping the floor. I don't care if you're cleaning my toilet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

news issues damages Design by Insight © 2009